I have noticed over the years that not many women are actually interested in taking care of their skin. Most of them do not have a skin care regime or just can’t get themselves to invest in such products.
This usually occurs as people find it difficult to find time for skincare in their hectic routines or feel they have the ability to camouflage ‘imperfections’ via the magic of makeup.
But let me assure you ladies, imperfect skin is bound to peep through layers of makeup and your skin will only look like the effort you put in. If we can give our precious amount of time to every chore in the day then why leave out skin care particularly? Remember you have to last this skin a lifetime!
This is all you need to do:
- Cleanse – This is the most important part of the skincare routine as you need to clear your pores of all impurities every single day to prevent breakouts and accumulation of oil on the skins layer. You can’t get away with makeup removal wipes! You should invest in a cleansing gel, lotion or face wash. The best that I have used till now is Liz Earle’s Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. It works effectively, lasts for ages and is safe for use around the eye area.
- Exfoliate – This is not what you have to do every day but something you need to incorporate in this regime at least twice a week or whenever your skin feels dull or lacks luster. This will make sure all the dead skin cells are buffed off your skin leaving you with a fresh layer of baby soft skin. It will also make sure that your skins blood circulation is given a boost adding that extra glow to your face. Again Liz Earle makes a great Exfoliator, it is cream based hence does not feel harsh on the skin.
- Tone – You can skip this step but it’s better to adhere to it as there is no point slathering on moisturizer on a dry face! This makes sure your face is injected with a bit of moisture as well as restoring your skin with its PH level. I absolutely love using Liz Earle’s Instant Boost Skin Tonic for this. it smells like baby powder and refreshes my skin instantly. Those with oily skin types who do not need much moisture in their skin would be better off using only a Toner and skipping on the moisturizer.
- Moisturize – As you may already know, our skin needs moisture after going through the above laid regime as well as to remain supple, dewy and to avoid dry patches. This is the most vital part for your skin and you just cannot skip it! Makeup on dry skin will simply look disastrous. You have to choose a moisturizer according to your skin type. I have Combination-Oily skin in particular and my skin cannot take rich moisturizers and leads to breakouts. I have to use a light everyday moisturizer which is hydrating yet light at the same time. I use L’Oreal Age Perfect Day Cream. If you have dry to normal skin you should try Liz Earle’s Superskin Moisturizer and you will never look back.
This may sound a lot, however practically it only takes 30 minutes a day to adhere to this regime. Only if you follow it religiously will it give you drastically beautiful results.
Remember: Beauty is only skin deep!
Did you know…?
The model Katie Price is going to release makeup for children. After a visit to Disney World, Price’s daughter Princess Tiaamii fell in love with the children’s makeup range they sell there. Price said that it won’t have glitter in it like the Disney products and that it will be totally safe to use. When it is hitting stores is still unknown.
- Guest Blogger: Shifa F. from http://getgawjus.blogspot.com
704 Total Views 1 Views Today